YouthBuild Indy (YBI) is an education, work readiness and leadership training program for young adults in Marion County.
YBI participants receive the opportunity and support needed to earn a High School Equivalency Diploma; identify and begin on the path to a well-paying, high-demand career; transition into college or vocational training; receive credentialed construction training; develop critical, on-the-job work experience and soft skills; develop leadership and other key personal skills; and take advantage of a key opportunity to improve the quality of life in Indianapolis by transforming abandoned, blighted homes into valuable, low-income housing.
If you have dropped out of high school, not earned a High School Equivalency diploma, are between the ages of 18 and 24, meet income guidelines, a legal resident of Marion County and are now ready to get your High School Equivalency diploma YouthBuild Indy could be for you.
|YouthBuild Indy offers participants:
- Customized High School Equivalency Diploma instruction designed and led by Marian University instructors.
- Hands-on construction training while rebuilding vacant houses that will become homes for low-income or homeless families.
- An internationally recognized construction skills credential through the National Center for Construction Education and Research (NCCER).
- Leadership, life skills, and community development commitment.
- Preparation for and access to college and post-high school job training opportunities.
- Preparation and placement assistance for high-demand jobs.
- The opportunity to receive a needs based stipend during the program cycle.
- The opportunity to earn a Segal Education Award upon completion of a required number of service hours as an AmeriCorps member.
For more information, call (317) 602-3260.
Having a criminal background will not disqualify you from participating, however, all participants must commit to being drug free.
YouthBuild Indy is funded through a grant awarded to EmployIndy from the U.S. Department of Labor.
YouthBuild Indy Partners: The United States Department of Labor; Lutheran Child and Family Services; Marian University; THA Construction; Indianapolis Public Schools; Indy-east Asset Development Corporation; Lilly Endowment; Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department; YouthBuild USA; USA Funds; Ivy Tech Community College; Indiana Department of Workforce Development; Marion County Health Department; Shiel Sexton Company, Inc.; Shepherd Community Center.